We are current seeking experienced IT Operators to form a new IT Operations Management team, reporting to the CTO.
The ideal candidate will be a Computer Science graduate with at least a Bachelors Degree and 3+ years of operations management experience. They will have 3+ years experience of supporting Microsoft Windows server and client platforms, software systems based upon the .Net Framework, IIS and SQL Server in hosted environments, and be flexible and highly adaptive to an ever-changing and highly demanding workload. They will have exceptional written documentation skills and will be able to spot trends in their workload, translating those trends into written support documents, policies and training as needed. They will place an equal emphasis on people and communication skills as they do technical skills. They will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the small to mid-sized business model by showing how significant work can be undertaken with little resource, time or both. They will be able to work equally well on-site as they can remotely, providing a problem-solving layer of abstraction between client-facing teams and software/system developers. They will eventually be part of a 24/7 support team so some unsociable hours over evenings and weekends can be expected. We have a presence in Sedona, Phoenix and Tucson, regular visits to all three may be required.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
- Direct experience of (at least one) ISP, ISV, SaaS, PaaS, Telco, Healthcare, Financial, Insurance environments (not Government or Military), operating in or serving highly regulated commercial industries.
- 3+ years of systems administration with the Microsoft Windows server and desktop line of products.
- 3+ years of SQL Server systems administration knowledge and experience including profiling, troubleshooting and optimization.
- 3+ years of IIS and ASP.Net configuration, management, monitoring and security experience.
- Own vehicle and a clean driver’s license.
- Be able to communicate and evangelize complex technical subject matter to largely non-technical staff and clients. Strong written communication skills.
- Experience of IT security principles, countermeasures, and incident detection and reporting.
- Experience devising, documenting, executing and proving disaster recovery and business continuity procedures.
- Experience of agile development environments and methodologies.
- Provide detailed documentation and procedures for all aspects of our service platform.
- Develop and maintain IT liaison relationships between client-facing teams, development team and the CTO.
- Network design and development including security posture management.
- Good understanding of source, change and version control techniques, and configuration management.
- Quickly create reasonable estimates of schedule and task estimates of own deliverables. Compares, contrasts, and prioritizes among alternative approaches to meeting those objectives.
- Provide 2nd line support to client-facing teams, perform as ‘gatekeeper’ between Developers and production service platforms.
- Provide QA resource, knowledge and experience of the service platform to the development team as needed.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned.
Nice to have skills:
- Administration experience of Sage ACT!.
- VoIP or SIP deployment experience.
- Google Apps/Docs/Sites.
- Objective Lune’s PlanetPress and dynamic document creation.
- Server virtualization using Hyper-V and the Microsoft platform.
- CloudForge’s TeamForge.
- MCSA highly desirable.
- CISSP certification highly desirable.
- Experience supporting commercial applications and SOA based on .Net/WCF.
- IT contracting/consulting experience.
- Development/monitoring of SLAs.
Please send your most recent Résumé and a cover letter describing how you feel your knowledge, skills and experience will fit this role to our Human Resources team. We look forward to hearing from you.