We are seeking experienced software developers to join an existing development team, reporting to the CTO.
The ideal candidate will be a Computer Science graduate with at least a Bachelors Degree and 3+ years of development experience. They will have 3+ years experience with the .Net Framework and SQL Server, and be flexible and highly adaptive to an ever-changing and highly demanding workload. They will have demonstrable technical accomplishments both in and out of the workplace. They will place an equal emphasis on people and communication skills as they do technical skills. They will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the small to mid-sized business model by showing how significant work can be undertaken with little resource, time or both. They will demonstrate an eager curiosity towards technology, software development, real-time data systems, mobile and fixed computing platforms, and have a passion for knitting comprehensive and complex service offerings together via integration.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- At least 3 years commercial software development experience.
- 3+ years of development in VB/C# .Net.
- 3+ years of SQL Server knowledge and experience.
- At least 2+ years of HTML, CSS, JS and cross-browser/device development using VisualStudio 2008, 2010 and later.
- Direct experience of (at least one) ISP, ISV, SaaS, PaaS, Telco, Healthcare, Financial, Insurance environments (not Government or Military), operating in or serving highly regulated commercial industries.
- Experience developing commercial applications and SOA using the .Net Framework.
- Experience of Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Experience of agile development environments and methodologies.
- Object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
- Client/server application/database design and development.
- Solid understanding of SQL Server (e.g. tables, queries, stored procedures, indexing, referential integrity, data encryption, etc.)
- Windows desktop application development.
- Good understanding of source, change and version control processes and techniques.
- Be able to communicate and evangelize complex technical subject matter to largely non-technical staff and clients.
- Understands customer needs and solves customer problems through modifications of high level technical designs, implementation and testing within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of all software developed, including preparations of sample test data and the execution of program, job stream, and system testing.
- Quickly create reasonable estimates of schedule and task estimates of own deliverables. Compares, contrasts, and prioritizes among alternative approaches to meeting those objectives.
- Provide 3rd line support to IT Operations, develop deployment plans, and participate in deployment hand-offs.
Nice to have skills:
- SQL Server 2008 (and later) optimization and profiling.
- Google Apps/Docs/Sites.
- Social media APIs (e.g. Facebook, Pintrest, Twitter, Blogger, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Objective Lune’s PlanetPress and dynamic document creation.
- Server virtualization using Hyper-V and the Microsoft platform.
- CloudForge’s TeamForge.
- iOS, Android and/or Surface development experience.
- MCPD highly desirable.
- IT contracting/consulting experience.
- Geo-spatial data, GPS and mapping.
Please send your most recent Résumé and a cover letter describing how you feel your knowledge, skills and experience will fit this role to our Human Resources team. We look forward to hearing from you.